Kevin Love or Kevin Wesley Love was born on September 7, 1988 in Santa Monica, California. Kevin Love, is an NBA player for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Kevin was a college basketball player for the UCLA Bruins before the 2008 draft.
The son of 1970s NBA forward Stan Love, Kevin Love was born in Santa Monica, California in 1988, and moved with his family to Oregon at an early age.
Kevin Love is also the cousin of the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson, the late Carl Wilson, and the late Dennis Wilson, and the nephew of Beach Boys singer Mike Love. An aunt is Kathleen McCartney (now Kathleen Hearst), who won the women's Ironman triathlon in February 1982.
Kevin Love Bio in High School
Kevin Love attended Lake Oswego High School in Lake Oswego, Oregon, where Kevin Love was ranked as one of the top players in the nation from the class of 2007. Kevin Love as a sophomore, he led Lake Oswego to the 2005 Oregon state high school basketball championship game, but the team lost to Jesuit High School 57-53. That summer, Kevin Love was the center of controversy when Nike removed him from its Portland Elite Legends AAU team because he had chosen to participate in the Reebok ABCD Camp against other top recruits such as Greg Oden. Kevin Love went on to play for the Southern California All-Stars, who compiled an unprecedented 45-0 record with Kevin Love, who garnered 4 MVP awards along the way.
In 2006, Kevin Love and the Lakers returned to the Oregon state championship, winning 59-57 over South Medford and fellow star recruit Kyle Singler. The two teams met again for the 2007 championship, but this time, Singler and South Medford defeated Lake Oswego 58-54. In that game, Kevin Love had 37 points and 15 rebounds, and finished his high school career as the all-time leading scorer in Oregon boys' basketball history with 2,628 points, despite missing half his sophomore season. The previous career scoring record had stood for 50 years.
Kevin Love Bio in College
In July 2006, Kevin Love verbally committed to play college basketball with the UCLA Bruins. Kevin Love, who has worn number 42 for his entire basketball career, received permission from Walt Hazzard to wear the same number with UCLA. UCLA retired Hazzard's number 42 in 1996.
Kevin Love Wards and Recognitions
- 2007 Gatorade National High School Athlete of the Year
- 2007 Parade Magazine Player of the Year
- 2007 McDonald's National Prep Player of the Year
- 2007 Naismith Male Prep Player of the Year
- 2007 Oregon Player of the Year (tie with Kyle Singler)
- 2007 Roundball Classic MVP
- 2007 Les Schwab Tournament All Tournament Team
- 2006 Les Schwab Tournament All Tournament Team
- 2006 MVP Kingwood Classic
- 2006 MVP Las Vegas Easter Classic
- 2006 MVP Bob Gibbons Memorial Day Classic
- 2006 MVP Bigtime Las Vegas Bigtime
- 2006 Reebok ABCD Camp Player of the Week
- 2006 Oregon Player of the Year
- 2005 Oregon Player of the Year
- 2005 Les Schwab Tournament All Tournament Team
- 2005 Reebok ABCD Player of the Week
- 2005 MVP, Kingwood Classic
- 2005 MVP, New Orleans Memorial Day Classic
- 2004 MVP, Les Schwab Classic
- 2004 Les Schwab Tournament All Tournament Team
- No. 1 rated senior by ESPN (Class of 2007)
- No. 1 rated senior by Bob Gibbons (Class of 2007)
- No. 1 rated senior by Van Coleman/Hoopmasters (Class of 2007)